Sunday, August 19, 2012

Italian Style Chicken Salad!

I adore chicken salad. I adore it even more when I can eat it on top of a garden salad. I'm a salady type person. Salad, salad, salad. everyday in the summer and at least three times a week in the winter. I love me some salad! I just happened to have some left over turkey from the turkey and dumplings so naturally making salad was in the back of my mind. This is an unusual twist on the regular, but so tasty with the creamy Italian dressing and the lemon zest and thyme lent light and refreshing undertones to it as well. It was s'wonderful, mahvelous...


For the turkey/chicken salad:
1 cup cooked, diced and/or shredded turkey or chicken
zest of one lemon
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
2 basil leaves, chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup Duke's mayonnaise


Zest one lemon and chop the basil and thyme together.


Add the mayonnaise, lemon zest, herbs and seasonings to the chicken/turkey.


Mix well and refrigerate until serving.


For the creamy Italian dressing, mix together:
3 tablespoons Duke's mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese


I'm particularly fond on chopped salad these days, so I made this one with all of the veggies chopped uniformly. You can do it like this or your way. It's up to you!


Chopped tomatoes!


Chopped banana peppers...


Chopped scallions...


Chopped green bell peppers and red banana peppers...


Arrange it all on a platter...


Top with the turkey/chicken salad...


Help yourself a big ol' bowl of the goodies, add the dressing, sunflower seeds and some croutons and you have got yourself one fine summer supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment