Friday, October 5, 2012

Still Kickin'...And Photos Of The Country Side!


White Oak Mountain, above Columbus, NC


It's been a while since I've posted anything, so long in fact I didn't think it was going to let me get into the new post thingie. But I'm still kickin' just as the title says, it's just been one of those weeks where anything that might possibly happen has. But I'm thankful to be here and hope to work on the shed/shoppe today and tomorrow. 

The very tip-top. Not sure of the name of this mountain though...



Not long ago JD and I took a little drive around the country side and I took some pics as he drove. He's real sweet that way, it was even his suggestion that we take the drive. He's also really good about "stop here, I want the pic from this spot." He stops, asks if I'm sure and waits while I get out snap the shot and get back in. Not many men would do this and wait in quiet patience. He's definitely one of a kind and I'm a very lucky lady!

You can't tell it from the shot I took, but there were hay rolls that went on forevah!

I thought I would share some of the photos with you. We were only about fifteen to twenty minutes from home and as you can see, we're blessed to live in such an amazing and beautiful area of South Carolina!

Can you see what I see?

JD spotted these two deers while he was driving out of the corner of his eye. He's real good that way. It took me only like five minutes to find them with eyes squinted and straining. I'm slow...

The Bessie Jackson House of Jackson Grove
I don't know who Bessie Jackson was, but her place is gorgeous! The whole Jackson Grove is pretty amazing and is often where I get my pics from. I'll try to find out about Mrs. Jackson and let you know...

Horseback Riding!
These two were so far away that I had to zoom out to the max to even get them in the shot. I didn't think I got them but here they are! Hope they don't mind...

Bringing up the rear...
Last shot of the day, the hind side of two horses. I know they didn't mind, they never even bothered to stop eating and turn around. I love horses but I have to tell you, in all of my 51 31 years, I've never been on one. Scaredy cat... But if I ever decide to get on one, you can bet your bippy that I'll have JD get it on video, that would be something I'd watch over and over. Because I KNOW just how funny that would be! Y'all have a blessed weekend!









1 comment: