Saturday, April 21, 2012

Greek Oregano And Coop Talk...

I finally found it. I've been looking for it since moving into the cottage five years ago. Greek oregano. There 
is a definite difference in the taste of Greek oregano and other varieties. I rubbed the leaves at the garden center where I found it, sniffed the aroma and was instantly transported to visions of  meals of Chicken Parmesan, feta stuffed banana peppers, spaghetti, and Greek salad. Needless to say I bought it and will plant it on Monday. Hopefully you'll be seeing some of the fore mentioned recipes posted soon!

This is 'Down To Earth' garden and gift center, located on 1-76 in Tryon, NC. 

As you can see, they have just about anything you could imagine for your garden. They also carry a nice variety of gifts and feature a Christmas Shoppe. If you're in the area, please stop by and visit them. They're friendly folks, ready to serve!


Coop Talk! The wire is up! Bless JD, he's had a busy couple of weeks here lately, but has managed to finish with the chicken wire and he's also cut the wood for the shelf and the roosting boxes. Thank you honey! I hope to be making scrambled eggs for him soon, loaded with cheese...and grits on the side. And bacon. I'm getting hungry!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment