Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Burgers And Hashbrowns!

Great dinner that's easy to prepare!


What could be easier than frozen, diced potatoes with the onions already thrown in? I've never even noticed that these potatoes existed before. I'm normally a purist, buying fresh produce from local markets. But I have two very kind little elves that bring me things from their shopping trips from time to time. These potatoes were courtesy of them. I have to say, they were really good!

Ingredients:
1 20-ounce bag diced potatoes with onion
Canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese


Cover the bottom on a twelve inch, non-stick skillet with canola oil.

Heat on medium until the oil is hot.

Add potatoes, salt and pepper and cover. 

Cook for twelve minutes, flipping the potatoes every three to four minutes.

Spray the bottom and sides of an 8x8 casserole dish and add the cooked potatoes.

Add the cheddar to the top and bake for fifteen to twenty minutes, until the cheese has melted. I forgot to take a photo of the finished potatoes before scooping them out of the casserole. Sorry, I was starving and hunger makes me forgetful!

I must confess, the burgers were left over from the cookout we had on Sunday. There, now I feel better!
These potatoes would be wonderful for breakfast to brunch also!

No comments:

Post a Comment