Friday, July 27, 2012

I Smell Cobbler...


Well folks, the peaches have been in for a couple of months now and I haven't eaten the first one. That's sad. You would think that because I live only yards from a produce stand that I would eat at least one a day. I don't know quite how to tell you this, but I didn't inherit the fruit lover gene from my mother. In fact I believe I got most of my genes from my grandmother. As I recall, the only way she ate fruit was on top of pound cake or in a cobbler. I'm pretty sure I got her genes because that's about the only way I eat fruit. Good excuse to make something fattening...
So that's what I'll be doing at some point in the early part of next week, making a cobbler and blogging about it. Big plans right? 
Tonight JD and I will be attending daughter number three's graduation from college. She's so excited and I'm excited for her. To be that age again with your whole life in front of you and having the world as your pearl...
Instead I'm this age and dreaming of a week filled with cobbler. 
That's even sadder than the fact that I haven't eaten a peach this summer. 
Pathetic!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you! I'd be eating several a day. :) I think I could live on summer fruits alone. Can't wait to see your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm bad:( I know. I don't eat well and one day it's going to catch up with me. Maybe we should trade off. You send BBQ my way and I'll send peaches to you!

      Delete