Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Loss Of A Legend...



I can't begin to tell you how sad I feel about the passing of Andy Griffith. He was awesome indeed!  And the character he portrayed was all I ever wanted in a man. I wanted to marry Andy Taylor and  to live in Mayberry. Finally at the age of fifty, I live in a Mayberry-like place. Never mind about the husband...
I have always been enthralled with the whole Andy-Barney-Aunt Bee-Opie-Mayberry scenario. It reeks of home to me and I know without a doubt that there are millions who feel exactly the same.
When I was in my thirties I finally got to visit Mt. Airy, NC, the home of Andy Griffith. It reeked of the fictional town of Mayberry. Even though the temps that day soared close to one hundred degrees, I lingered on the streets, ate in the little drug store cafe and drank it all in. Slowly. I wanted to take everything I could away with me and I did. I'm so thankful that I got to experience it for myself. I'm also thankful that this is the kind of television watching I did as a child and thankful that it was still there for my son. He knows every show just as well as I do. I do wish he had taken more away than the guitar playing though...
I just want to finish by saying thank you Andy. Thank you for the good times, the vision of small town life where the politics were clean, the living was good, simple and fun. Thank you for sharing your life with us!
Thanks to NNL for sharing this video on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. So well said....and I'm glad we found this version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful that you shared the video on Facebook. It's awesome!

      Delete