Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Apron Winner Announced!



The winner of the Italian apron is (drum roll, ha!) 
Danielle. Congratulations! Please contact us by email so that we can get your mailing address! We hope you enjoy the apron! Thanks to all of you who participated!

I've been busy at the sewing machine this week, with cushion covers. I've also been working on a few other items, hoping to have enough to set up at one of the local markets this weekend. 
Although it's looking more like next weekend before we actually have things in order. Crafting in our spare time is a little different than trying to make a lucrative business from it. No, I take that back, it's a lot different. 
We're also planning on setting up a website for the cottage collection.
Lots to do!
We would like to offer custom colors for some of the items, if not at first, then certainly down the road a bit. Which is the real reason we wanted to start a little business, we can never find the right colors for our own homes. All prayers will be appreciated!
Meanwhile, back in the coop....


Grace Ivey, shown here is crowing again. I went out yesterday at 5:45 a.m. to explain to her that she isn't a rooster. She quickly hushed. Then at the same time this morning, she was back at it, with authority. 
This time I just let her have at it. 
I've been told that hens will morph into roosters if a rooster isn't around. I've been told that this is the hens way of calling a rooster. I've been told that this is only Miss Grace's way of asserting herself and claiming 'pecking order'. 
Guess we'll have to see, won't we?






1 comment:

  1. Go me! Now I have a pretty apron too! :)

    ReplyDelete