Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dreamland...




That's where I should be...in dreamland. Instead I've been awake since about three this morning. Why? JD had to go to Georgia to take a load of peaches and they left at three o'clock. Why anyone needs peaches at three a.m. is beyond me. Well, actually Georgia won't get the peaches until about six a.m.
Well now it all makes sense...
So I couldn't go back to sleep and now I'm sitting here in the dark, blogging, browsing Pinterest and trying to come up with a menu for lunch tomorrow that won't heat up the kitchen or JD at the grill. The temps are supposed to be near 105 today and 100 tomorrow. JOY!
The a/c has been running non-stop since, well I think it was Thursday afternoon when it started. That power bill won't be fun. At least I have a/c, though it's very warm in here right now. If it's this warm before the sun comes up I'll be it will feel wonderful about four this afternoon...
What does one wear when it's this hot outside and one is fifty years old and doesn't love showing one's body parts off so much?
I guess I'll go with loose and flowy...and stay inside as much as possible. Loose and flowy also allows room for ice cream...
Let's talk about something besides the heat, it's just making me "dewey". Southern women DO NOT get sweaty, it's "dew", not sweat...
See the little cottage above? Wonder how Clover Cottage would look with a thatched roof?
Never mind, I'm sure that would be hot...
I'm going back to bed now. In the chest freezer...

No comments:

Post a Comment