Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cute Cottage Ma'am...







Why thank you for noticing! 
When I get tired, really bone tired, I get silly and guess what? I'm there...
The clover has been mowed with a push mower that's half my age. That's old! But before I could mow, I had to shovel four wheel barrows full of gravel from the plot beside the chicken coop.(Yes I'm the one that took it out of the coop and put it in the plot. Bad idea.) Then I cleaned the chicken coop. Yep. Then I replanted the bird bath and planted some hanging baskets. All of this happened in ninety-five degree heat. You can't imagine just how great I smelled...
And after bathing it's time to clean up inside and get something going for dinner tonight. Which brings me to this point. I must have lost at least five pounds working outside today. SO! You know what that means? Yessir, I get to eat like a stevedore tonight. And I have every intention of doing just that. 
Here's the plan:
A half pound burger with real Amish cheese, and lots of mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and anything else I can find to put on it. Make that two slices of cheese. On the side, fresh corn from the produce stand next door, roasted with garlic and butter. Make that two ears. And you know what else? Suddenly I'm feeling like dessert tonight. Nothing fussy, just some ice cream. The kind that has loads of junk in it, chocolate chunks and nuts and bits of cone. Wonder what that's called? 
I'm going to look up stevedore in the dictionary now...

No comments:

Post a Comment