Monday, June 18, 2012

Getting There...


True, it's one piece at a time, but the sun porch is coming together. S l o w l y... I have learned something over the last week, a hard lesson, but one that I've had to face, albeit reluctantly. I'm not the woman that I think I am. There, that's it, I've said it. Ah, confession is good for the soul... I feel better already! What in the world am I talking about? It's like this. I'm responsible for cleaning the cottage, maintaining it and the yard and gardening,cooking, chickens, a cat, redecorating, all of it. I have to admit, it's a full time job. Speaking of which, one of those would be nice, you know, to SUPPORT myself! Which led me to think of starting a business of my own. That, combined with everything else has forced me to the realization that I just can't be it all and do it all. Especially in one week.  And so most of the cottage redo has been put on hold, so that I can throw myself into this 'business wanna have' thing. The really tough part is that I think I wore Melissa out last week. and I'm more than twice her age! Bless her heart, I hope I didn't run her off...
Now that I've had a breakdown in writing, back to the sun porch. I'm pretty tickled with the way the cushion turned out. The best part of all was that I only spent ten dollars on it. It's cute, it's cottagy, and it was cheap. I like cheap. No wait, I want it to look like one hundred dollars and cost ten or less. Yes, that's more like it. Something for nothing frame of mind, I think I was born with it. Or maybe I got it from Mama. Sorry Mama.
Well, I would love to sit and rant chat longer, but the sewing machine is screaming at me to get back at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment