Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Being Appreciated...



It's nice to feel appreciated, to feel like someone takes notice of your efforts, no matter how trivial they might be. Even though the sun porch has quite a way to go, and I snapped this pic the first day I began working on it, Georgianna padded right out there and and hopped onto the wicker love seat.   She looked up at me as if to smile and say "Nice job, Mama." I don't think I ever realized just what a difference animals make in people's lives until Georgianna came to live with me. I do love that little girl...
Now, if only Grace Ivey would stop crowing...Speaking of the girl's club outside, they are also an appreciative lot! They aren't fond of any produce so far unless I give them a little dried up corn on the cob. But they love grass! This morning I plucked a couple of handfuls and watched as they gathered at the door of the coop. They hear me picking the grass and they know that I'm on the way with their special treat. I should have been a veterinarian, 'cause animals rock! But then there would come a day when I would have to treat a snake. Nah, no way...
I hope to get some photos of the 'spiffing up' going on around the cottage posted this weekend. It's been a crazy week around here, but hopefully things will be settling down a little by then.
Until then, y'all be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment