Sunday, June 3, 2012

Saturday Afternoon...


 I didn't exactly burn it up around the cottage yesterday, but I did manage to get the closet in the laundry room cleaned out and organized, and that was quite a feat in itself.
I took a few of the items over to Amber who works at the fruit stand next door to the cottage, where she had this heart shaped strawberry sitting on the register. You don't see these everyday, so I ran home, got my camera and rushed back to get a photo, just in case someone decided to pluck it up and eat it. In which case they would have probably drawn back a nub. Amber was guarding the berry with her life...

June Gold and Ruby Prince peaches...
Geary Jolley and his wife Willie own the fruit stand while Amber and her children manage it for them. It's quite a job, as I know from firsthand experience. I managed it for the last couple of years, with Amber working on my days off. This year after giving it a lot of thought and prayer, I decided to go in another direction and the Jolley's handed the reigns over to Amber. She's doing a lovely job!
 Geary Jolley Produce...                                          
If you find yourself on 1-26, maybe traveling to Myrtle Beach, be sure and take a detour and visit them. The stand is located on Hwy. 11 in Campobello, SC. From 1-26, take exit 5 towards Chesnee, SC. When you reach Hwy. 9 at the crossroads, look over to your left. You can't miss it.
Geary and son Adrian, grow most of their produce at the farm, just down the road from us. I'll get out there soon and take some pics, when the freestone peaches start to come in. Maybe I'll run next door when they open today, grab a few peaches and make a cobbler. Y'all bring the ice cream. Vanilla please....









No comments:

Post a Comment