Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nature's Perfection...


Nothing beats the colors found in nature. Nothing! The palest of blues and greens seen in the hydrangea above are perfect in every way. Perfect for my kitchen that is. These are the colors that I'm currently searching for to update the kitchen here at Clover Cottage. I've already been to Lowe's and know that the pale blues are doable in paint colors. The real problem I'm having is finding accessories. You know, dish towels, pillows for the bench and so on. I'm crocheting pillow covers, so that's covered. I'm also thinking of making my own dish towels, using the colors above. I realize that this isn't the current "hot" color scheme at the moment, but if you saw the kitchen of the old cottage, built in the 1930's, you too would realize that "hot" and "current" don't fit in here. Imagine your grandmother's house and that's what the cottage is like. 
I guess I could go in and redo it in another style, but I think the little cottage would be sad and out of place. Not to mention, the folks of the community that have given me the entire history of the house and it's inhabitants, they would shake their heads and suck their teeth. Believe me...
Theoretically I could be a grandmother at my age. Lots of people are. So, I'll stick with the granny chic style and rely on nature's perfection...

No comments:

Post a Comment