Friday, May 25, 2012

It Started Out Okay, What Happened?

Last Thursday started out really nice. I got in the CRV, drove about five minutes and landed at Strawberry Hill, USA. Now for those of you who don't live around the upstate of SC, it probably doesn't mean any more than if I told you I walked out the door to my back yard. But for the folks around here, it's kind of a big deal. And for me, it was an especially big deal...


I walked around a bit, talked with the lady who was tending the cash register, took some photos, looked at produce and finally decided I should eat something. So into the cafe I go, ordering a steak biscuit and hash browns.








Can you believe the size of that biscuit? Oh and it

was really good, and the hash browns? To die for... I apologize for biting into it before taking the pic...So I took the food to my car, sat in the parking lot and watched bus loads of folks come and go. I'm easy to entertain...










Love me some tractors....wonder if they'd let me drive it? Not far, just a foot or so....












So, here I am, watching as they load and unload Flavor Rich peaches....









Taking more pics, wishing I had left room for their home made ice cream...









So why was all of this a big deal to me? I had never been to Strawberry Hill! How have I managed to live only five minutes away for five years and never darken the doorway of the place? Because I've been working for their competition, that's why. I'm sorry but my curiosity finally got the better of me...
So I went, I saw, I ate and I bought a couple of things, just tiny ones! And then I came on home. But as it usually goes, I got mine later that evening. That's the night the computer woes began.
I'm glad I took photos. Because I probably won't be going back to Strawberry Hill, just in case I didn't get "mine" enough last week.
But don't let that stop you. If you're ever close by be sure and visit them. Oh, and as for their competition that I worked for? If you don't stop there, you really will miss the best strawberries, plums and peaches ever grown. Geary Jolley Farms is the name of my former employer and they're located at the intersection of highways nine and eleven, in Campobello, SC, not too far off of I-26. Don't miss 'em!

Now after having fessed up, giving both places a plug, I surely hope that I've fixed my bad karma or whatever you want to call it....
And folks wonder why I'm so honest...

I have to be!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment