Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wow!


So while I've been on this forced hiatus, which occured due to lack of internet services, I have been busy in the yard here at Clover Cottage. Lots of mulch in the herb garden and finally loads of pine needles under the twin oaks. It's looking pretty good around here, if I may say so myself. Of course, just when I start patting myself on the back, KP stops by for a minute, looks at the deck railing and proceeds to tell me that I need to spray them with bleach and scrub them. Ha! How did he think the swing got clean? I told him I would get to it, just as soon as I wasn't doing anything else....
And I will get to it. After I shovel the gravel out of the chicken coop and mow the clover and spread the pine needles in the front of the cottage and cook something to post on Cottage Cuisine....
It's been a hectic four years, and the cottage has been neglected, but I'm back (without a paycheck) and I'm getting things done! Thanks to JD, we have a coop and five chickens, which by the way are doing really well, and growing like weeds. I've done something either in or outside of the cottage everyday since it's been warm, and maybe by next year, the cottage will actually look like it's loved as much as it is.
The living room will get some new additions this weekend. The white sofa and chair will arrive and I couldn't be more thrilled! I loved it the first time I saw it and never even imagined that I would get to have it for my own! I'm getting it from JD's oldest daughter DS, thanks DS! Can't wait to see ya!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you either :) If you're ready for it, we'll get it over there tonight! (And out of my way, lol)

    ReplyDelete