Monday, May 14, 2012

Rainy Days And Mondays...




It's Monday and it's raining...so guess what? I'll be inside today. The chickens have been fed and watered and I'm back in the house ready to put the finishing touches on the bedroom furniture. I mean seriously, I've dragged this project out so long that I'm ashamed. As I should be. But let me say that I've been busy with other things around here. The blue and white decor for the kitchen has taken up a lot of time. And brain space. Actually, between decorating and cooking, there isn't much brain space left. Looking at pretty things in my home is very important to me. They don't have to be expensive or fancy, just pleasing to my eye. So I'm a visual person, what can I say? When other things in my life aren't what I'd like them to be, at least I have a pleasing atmosphere to worry in, right?
So! I have these pillows from Pier1 that are probably going on fifteen years old. They're a very dingy yellow. And made of paper and something else...and I know better than to put them in the washing machine, but I did it anyway. I guess I thought that clean and torn into shreds of wet paper was better than dirty and in tact. And I was right. As I was 'scooping' the wet paper from the washing machine, I couldn't help but notice how clean it was! It was only the zippered coverings that disintegrated, the pillows themselves are fine. The problem is I can't find a new cover to go over the pillows, (that I can afford), so I went to Wal-Mart and purchased the ball of yarn pictured above. I'm crocheting my new covers! It really is a lovely shade of blue, I just pray I'm not sick of it by the time I finish them. I'm bad that way. If you see them for sale on the Cottage Creations page, you'll know why....I better get busy, I'll be lucky if the fluffing up of the cottage is finished by this time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment