Monday, May 28, 2012

It's Tractor Season...

Y'all know what tractor season is, don't you? Out here it's the time of year when men of all ages get stars in their eyes, kind of like they do when it's deer or turkey hunting season. I'll have to admit though, I too have a thing for tractors. I've always wanted one. Why, I don't know, maybe just to look at it, or sit on it, or drive it ten feet or so. Anyway, I've been tractor watching for about the last month. Let me explain. Notice in the photo above where the watermark is, that little house you see there is my very own Clover Cottage. So from the kitchen window I can see the red tractor and all of the attention it's getting. It's had no less than one hundred men to stop, get out of their vehicles and gawk. That's what men do, they gawk. Gawk, walk around it fifteen times, write the phone number down posted on the for sale sign and leave...


Like that wasn't entertainment enough, remember it doesn't take much for me, low and behold, another fellow just down the road from me, brought his Oliver tractor and parked it beside this one. Now we're getting twice as many gawkers, which is cool....


I really wish I had gotten a pic of the green tractor while it was still pale blue, I liked the blue better, but that's just me....
Notice too, the red building underneath the watermark in the photo above, that's the little fruit stand beside the cottage where I shop and used to work...


I love me some country cottage life! Where else can a gal be so entertained for free?


No comments:

Post a Comment